Tuesday, May 8, 2007

two years means two years...

a year ago i made a promise that i would not enter a realationship till i finished my diploma. i have swayed away from that promise for a while, but after thought and lots of prayer and the sudden hit of realisation, i am back on track.

i will mute all emotions till that last day of college comes. no less.

I promised God, my family and myself, and i intend to keep it. i know that any relationship i have before the time of the promise will be unsuccessful and not blessed and in vain. A promise is a promise. My promises are kept.

i need to learn to take care of myself before i step into a whole new world of relationships...

i need a friend who'll be my best friend without motive..i want a sincere, mature, strong, best-friendish, understanding, firm, stable relationship before taking to the next level... i want to be in a relationship that i can feel confident of,that makes me feel like i can be myself, and not have to change my culture for my partner..that i dont have to simplify my english for and that can make me feel challenged and feel that he's smarter and wiser than me...that can enjoy what i do....that i can look up to(literally.. much taller than me..)that can love me, be a strong pillar for me, that can love me with everything he has and want to protect me.. who loves God more than anything in the world and who can be the wise leader of people and my family..who uderstands my calling...who'll know just the right time to hug me and just the right jokes to make me smile.. who'll wipe away my tears and tell me it's all right..who'll cherish sweet memories of our sweetest moments..who's romantic and a sportsman.. big broad drooly shoulders.. that makes me feel less fat..haha! who im not afraid to bring home to my family..

Dont we all.. :)
God knows what i want, and He'll answer my prayers..He knows whats best for me..

6 comments:

jowey-dowey said...

Yeah nise!!U go girl..Don't even think about compromising on your standards u require in ur future partner.hehe..love love!!=)

Anonymous said...

Hmm.

Frankly, I hate it when people list out things that seem impossible to find.

But I also hate people that compromise.

So what I'm saying is..

Don't call it standards and whatnot, when he comes He'll tell you. As for me I heard a whisper, something telling me not to carry on with my set plans, and I listened and was blessed (and not a suicide at the age of 17).

No relationship is perfect. But no standards should be compromised. Get it?

The difference is.. a standard is no premartial sex not broad shoulders :P. But you must clearly differenctiate between standards and wants.. a lover may not have the perfect body but an almost perfect soul, and that's the best person to be with.

So.. I know I'm coming from a very weird angle but you know what I mean. Plus, since I can't tell whether someone is beautiful or not (but mich defines beauty for me :P), I don't really see that as a matter. Haha. I never oogled, don't know how to do it. I see everyone as individual people.

Look at it this way..

The best guy you'll ever find is someone that is your closest friend.. that's how I see it. No one is closer to me compared to Mich. She's my bestest bestest friend :D

And you'll know it's right when you find a guy like that.. haha!

The type were you can do whatever shit and laugh, the type where you wear no mask AT ALL!

And the two year thing.. hmm.. I can't say I disagree, smart choice.

Once someone told me love is patient. But I believe tomorrowneverknows. Which takes precedence?

Anonymous said...

i've commented already on this... so you know where I stand... :)

SaD.jc

JennyWong said...

Well, as for me… I will say that you know what you want and you are clear. So, stay focus. About the standard thing or requirement, I do agree with Paul. Sometimes, God doesn’t really fulfill our entire requirement but He always provides the best for us. Everything starts from friend and from friend to best friend. So, after that, you’ll know… Like what SaD.jc told me, you choose it, then live with it.

Anonymous said...

Hi there. I am glad that you have come to a realization that this is NOT the season for relationships. I am very proud that you come to that conclusion and will continue to pray for you. I am proud of you as always ... remember, Keep your eyes on Jesus, and everything else just fades away. Keep your heart pure for God and the one man God is preparing for you in the future. God Bless

Unknown said...

Yupe,,everyone has said it out..It start from a friends..a group of friend where one day one of them will appear to you when you need help..It's difficult to keep promise to God..but I've done it..I'll believe you will also...

Isaac