Tuesday, July 22, 2008

No money lah...

I hate hearing this. Ever since I came to KL that's all I've been hearing. No money lah..
It's such a kill-joy. Why can't people just say, 'Can we work on a low budget?' or 'I'd prefer something or somewhere cheaper', or just 'It's a bit unnecessarily expensive don't you think?'.

It wouldn't be so bad if it is wasn't these very people who spend on unnecessary things, and then complain that they are broke. If you have a certain amount, then spend it within your limit.

Why spend hundreds on shopping, clubbing, drinking, etc. if you don't have the money? Then they are the ones who suggest going to such expensive places, doing such expensive things. You get all excited, and plan for it, then it comes up.. "No money lah"

Then there's the irritating habit of people not paying up their part, or pretending they don't owe the person whom they owe money anything. Ok, if it's sincerely forgotten, then ok, but if it's intentional, oh boy, how low you are....It's cruel and wrong. Can't you see it's unethical and just ruins not only your reputation, but also your relationships?

I'm so tired of people doing that to me ALL MY LIFE. Since I came back to Malaysia, I have been cheated over and over again. Just because I care for people. So what should I do? Stop caring? Sigh.... I just can't... but I have my limits.... I will break one day.

It's different if the person was saying it jokingly or for teasing purposes. That's still alright.

I am not exempted from this, as I do spend unnecessarily and extravagantly a lot of times leaving myself with very little money. But do you ever hear me say "No money lah" Oh for goodness sakes, just spend less on things for the rest of the month and It'll be ok lah... Ish....

Here's a tip from my mom : Spend Wisely, and Do to Other's What you Would Want Them to Do to You.

No comments: