Sunday, February 25, 2007

Lent..the season of Fasting and Prayer..

Lent....the time of fasting... I never fail to be amazed at Jesus's determination.... He lasted 40 days without Water or Food, wandering through a terribly hot and dry desert, and still managed to overcome Satan's temptations... All I can say is, that's why Jesus is Jesus, and I'm Denise.

I cant even fight the temptation to put my hand in the cookie jar even though i know the heavy concequences i will face...terrible... Human Nature...haha! Facinatingly, we humans like to make terrible mistakes before we learn. It's not very smart is it? Hmm..

Anyway, back to the topic of Lent..during this time of fasting, i hope that i'll be able to achieve a few things...

1. Understand Jesus's suffering (at least partially.)

2. Be reminded of how much Jesus went through for me, and realise how greatful i should be...

3. Spend more time in prayer

4. Grow more sensitive to His words, and calling.

5. Feed my spiritual body with the most nutrition I can

6. Prepare my heart for Good Friday and Easter!!


No comments: